Friday, February 8, 2013

Just Doodle-Buggin'

On the Crafting Table:  I make outfits for my daughter.  For those of you who knew me a long time ago, that may come as a bit of a shock!

Here's the down-low.  When we got pregnant, I assumed we'd be having a boy.  Ceth's family is full of men.  Imagine my surprise when they told us it was a girl!  I'd never sewn much in my life - a few throw pillows was my limit.  But suddenly, my nesting instinct took over and I had a huge desire to learn how to sew.  I have no idea why.  So I got out my old sewing machine:

 
Ain't she a beauty!
 
This thing is so old, it only goes in forward and reverse.  So pretty though!  I had really no idea how to sew clothes, so I bought a book I would recommend to anyone thinking about learning to sew for girls:
 
 

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Girls-Big-Style-Boutique/dp/1607051885/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1360383790&sr=1-1&keywords=little+girls+big+style

She taught me just about everything.  Then I found a bunch of blogs online who have great step-by-step tutorials like this one:
 
 
After making what I thought were awesome outfits, that I now realize were SO elementary, my mother-in-law gifted me her incredible sewing machine. This thing has about 150 different stitches!
 
Now, about 2 years since embarking upon this adventure, I've started to sell my creations.  My Love used to call my sewing "doodle-buggin", meaning I was just playing around.  So my "hobby" is now called Doodle Bug Kidz.  You can find me on Facebook:
 
 
or email me at doodlebugkidz at centex dot net. 
 
I have an Etsy shop - but can't seem to get enough made to actually list anything:
 
 
I've also been given the opportunity to start selling my creations at The Market at Brady Standard in downtown Brady, TX...if I ever get caught up on what I've got booked so far!
 
Here's some pics of my latest creations, all patterns by Create Kids Couture http://createkidscouture.com/
 
 
The Willow Wrap Jacket in Multi

 
Yellow Chevron Birdie Peasant top with matching ruffle pants.

 
Once Upon a Time Peasant Dress
 
 
And, the adorable outfit created today: Autumn's Peasant Romper. 
 
All of these outfits have been sold.  Only the Willow Wrap Jacket and the Yellow Chevron outfit can be recreated. The others are one of a kind!
 
What's coming up next?  I've got an order in for this sweet number...Man, I love this dress!
 
 
 
Just want to give a shout out to those who have purchased from me - you know who you are. Thank you!
 
Who knew that getting pregnant would not only make me a momma, but also a seamstress!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment