Thursday, January 31, 2013
Feeding our Kids
On The Table: Just finished reading a great article in Parenting magazine, February 2013 issue. The article was entitled The Organic Debate (Again).
Apparently, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) decided to address this issue. What they found:
* There are no nutritional benefits to buying organic
* If cost is a concern, buy more conventional, rather than less organic
* Kids need to eat more healthy food whether it is conventional or organic
* Don't pay for organic meat - by cooking the meat thoroughly, you'll kill any potential bacteria
* Don't pay for organic milk - pesticides and hormones do not get into milk in significant quantities
What a relief to hear this from trusted doctors!