Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Reading Thing 2012

On The Bookshelf:  So I was browsing a friend's blog and found this link to Spring Reading Thing (see my sidebar).  It is a challenge of sorts - you set your own goals - of what you want to read between March 20 and June 20 (Spring 2012). 

http://callapidderdays.com/2012/03/spring-reading-thing-2012-start-reading.html

Well, I am an avid reader - most of the time I have read several books between the ones I post about here.  I thought this would be an awesome challenge for all of us.  I want my daughter growing up seeing me read - I want her to have the same love of reading I do.  Her father never acquired that love of reading - he's one of those that think "If you have the time to read, you have the time to work."  I still love him though! 

So here we go - my challenge to myself!

1.  Finish Earth's Children Series by Jean Auel
Her newest in the series "The Land of Painted Caves" came out last year, I think.  I'm a big fan of re-reading the entire series before reading the newest addition.  Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to read when Baby Girl arrived, so I've been putting this off.  I am currently on "The Mammoth Hunters" Book 3.  I've got 3 left to go...

2.  "Charlie St. Cloud" by Ben Sherwood
I fell in love with the movie - and generally speaking, the book is nearly always WAY better than the movie.  Can't wait!!!

3.  "Amazing Grace" by Danielle Steel

This is one of those books I nabbed for a buck or two at the thrift store.  I have always enjoyed Danielle Steele books and this is one I haven't read. 

4. "Peachtree Road" by Anne Rivers Siddons
I have several of her books and thoroughly enjoy them all.  This is another one I nabbed at the Thrift Store - you just can't beat paying $1 for a book!

So, a total of 6 books.  That may be pushing it a bit since my sewing has picked up. There's only so much time in the day while Baby Girl naps.

I'll keep you posted and try to give reviews on these.  If you are a reading fan and aren't a member yet, check out Goodreads.com.  It is your own personal library online - you can have friends and read their reveiws and what they have on their virtual bookshelves.  Check it out!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know Charlie St. Cloud was a book first. I'll have to check that out. Happy spring reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't either until I found this one at the Thrift store too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, loved the movie Charlie St. Cloud, and had no idea it was a book. I will definitely be checking it out sometime this year. Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete