Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Not So New Pillows and a Dress Order!

On The Crafting Table:  Sewing.  Imagine that.  :)  I have been so bored with the throw pillows we have on the couch.  They never were quite right...but at $8 for 2 (and they are down-filled), I lived with them.  However, I now realize why they were $4 each - take a look at the unravelling in the upper corner...ugh.


So I went in search of a quick tutorial for making a throw pillow cover.  Check out: 
Love this site!  She has a super-simple tutorial on making an envelope cover - no zippers or hand-stitching required!  I love that it is so simple and so easy to just pull them off and throw them in the wash (necessary in a house with 2 cats and a baby!). 
I found this fun vintage print fabric at a thrift store (Waverly from back in the day), and it just goes perfectly in my living room.  I had never sewn on trim before - this was my first experience with the zipper foot on my sewing machine.  Man it was simple!  I love how these turned out - what do you think?


Do you see how easy the back is?   This pillow is just like the shams on your bed - shove the pillow in one side, then the other - done!  A little bit of sunshine in the living room now.

AND - I got an order for 2 of my peasant dresses...remember this?



Now I'm making 2 in these fabrics - I'll definitely upload pics when they're done!




No comments:

Post a Comment